Friday, October 30, 2009

Some work and artists that I like


Howard Arkley was an Australian artist who reproduced images of Australian suburbia showing how it can be beautiful and artistic. He used airbrushing to create these. He also used patterns and bright bold colours which I like as they remind me of the pop culture period. He was also heavily into the party and drug scene in Australian music. He produced pictures of musicians in some of his works too.






Andy Warhol- I love Warhols work. I like how he used everyday objects and turned them into art. He was critisised by the art world for this but proved them all wrong when pop art became an influential art movement.













Gilbert and George- I like their work because they use the bright colours like in pop art. I also like their grid system that they use to make up and seperate their works.

No comments:

Post a Comment